Tag Archive for 'travel'
Isn’t this colorful fishing village in Fjällbacka, Sweden mesmerizing? I think every day would be a good day when you walk outside and see the colorful houses that line the water’s edge. I picture Lily wearing this bright, whimsical outfit sailing through the tiny islands off the Swedish coast while peering out her binoculars at the seal colonies she passes. What a surreal day indeed! ♥ Erin
- Erin did some merchandising in a cute, local boutique.
- Here’s a little sneak peek at a very big project we have been working on!
- Micah worked his magic on the computer… and pulled a couple of all-nighters!
- Jason sent out marketing materials to some new boutiques around the country… very exciting!
- We found some red bakers twine for the new hang tags… so French!
This week we…
- Watched Sid, our amazing intern, work on a fun project… Zeborah (disguised as a unicorn) kept an eye on her!
- Reminded ourselves that we have been around since 2010! We passed the two year mark!
- Stayed inside the office because it was COLD outside!
- Stared at pictures of Lily and daydreamed of far off places.
- Were entertained by Ava and her guitar skills.
There are just so many cool things about Venice, but I’m going to focus on two of the most fun for this post… gondolas and gelato! This outfit is inspired by the gondola…. tough on the outside, soft and romantic the inside. Jean vest + studded hightop… tough. A lacy pink dress… so romantic! This outfit would be perfect for kicking back in a gondola, cruising the picturesque canals with the perfect Italian gelato in hand. ♥ Erin
How fun are these traditional Swedish saffron buns! They are really fun to make and certainly delicious to eat! If you’re interested in making these delightful treats, here is a traditional recipe to help you on your way. Also, check out this more wholesome recipe + a sweet video from Green Kitchen Stories. Enjoy!
Hey all! Erin here, co-founder and design director of Lately Lily. The Traveling Girl is at home anywhere she goes. She has an effortless, utilitarian sense of fashion that adapts to suit her locale. I like to imagine Lily in the places we send her and think of what she might actually wear. Its fun! I’ve grabbed a beautiful photo that inspires me, in this case a prairie in Iceland, and used it as a jumping off point for putting together the perfect outfit, pulled from the current offerings of some of my favorite designers in the Kids space. Then, I hand it off to Micah for a quick sketch of The Traveling Girl herself, sporting her perfectly adapted new gear. It’s a little feature we like to call The Lately Lily Style File! ♥ Erin